What is the interior design concept of your wet area in the bathroom? Is it functionality, security, convenience, accessibility, exceptionality, or traditional approach? Or do you want to combine all the points and get a well-suited solution?
We are serious to believe that a frameless shower screen is able to meet the above expectations. If you visit the site https://creativeglassstudio.co.uk/bespoke-shower-enclosures/shower-screens/, you’ll see the assortment of Creative Glass Studio. And if you read this article by the end, you’ll learn the reasons for placing an order for shower screens at the studio.
Diversity of frameless shower screens
Aside from various colors, designs, and elements like handles, knobs, towel rails, and others, there are different constructions in this category. It is suggested that you select from:
- frameless shower doors that are equipped with an inline panel if the entry in the shower area exceeds the size of the door;
- fixed shower screens that surround the wet area on all sides;
- frameless shower enclosures, coming with a bathtub or a tray to collect the water;
- walk-in shower screens without doors, which are convenient but cannot keep all splashes of water inside the cabin;
- sliding shower door/enclosure being the best solution for small bathrooms due to a sliding door, which does not require space to be opened like a swinging door.
In addition to a range of variants of structures, glass options are available. The toughened glass is strong and durable. If it is vital to avoid the greenish hue of the regular variant, it is possible to replace it with a clearer OptiWhite glass, containing less iron. It is more expensive, but the effect is perfect. Or, on the contrary, bronze or frosted materials can be preferred. It is possible to install a colored interlayer between two glass panels and get a unique shower screen. Also, the glass can be curved.
Advantages of a frameless shower screen
A fixed shower screen creates a comfortable space, focusing on the functionality and beauty of a minimalist design. It looks like every detail is reduced to what is strictly necessary. But, actually, it provides users with lots of advantages, like:
- immediate access if you choose walk-in shower screens, which are not obstructed with any doors or stepping, especially convenient for people with mobility challenges.
- contemporary design, looking stylish and straightforward, coming without frames and shower curtains, enhancing a transparent bathroom décor.
- easy maintenance due to flat surfaces, which are covered with a Hydrophobic Surface Protection System for Glass, preventing dirt or grime buildup.
- fast cleaning, as glass requires less time to clean, compared with tiled or plastic walls with numerous small elements, like traditional shower door seals or various nooks.
- high level of customization that allows installing this structure in any bathroom. However, there are some restrictions which should be considered.
What restrictions should be taken into account?
Probably the only issue that can be debatable is the size of the door. In fact, the height depends on its width and weight. If you use a door, weighing under 25 kg/м2 and having a width of 750 mm, then it should not be higher than 2000 mm. It can be considered a standard. If a user still insists on a wider and higher door, then the third hinge is installed.
However, it is highly recommended not to exceed the width of 800 mm and the height of 2300 mm, irrespective of the number of hinges. Even if the hardware designed for heavy doors that are wider than 1000 mm is used, a user will find it difficult to cope with such a massive door.
Also, there are some issues when walk-in shower screens are arranged, which are supposed to serve as a glass barrier, preventing splashes from spreading around the bathroom. Commonly, panels are 900-1000 mm wide, provided that the entry is about 600 mm. Otherwise, the walls should be narrowed.
See samples of Creative Glass Studio’s fixed shower screens at https://creativeglassstudio.co.uk/bespoke-shower-enclosures/shower-screens/. There are tons of options, including types of glass and accessories to choose from. Enjoy the diversity of offers and the high quality of shower systems!